Friday, September 11, 2009

Working Girl!


I started a new job as a receptionist at a dental office! I've been working there for two weeks and I love it! I thought it would be a lot harder going back to work after being a stay at home mom for the past twelve years, but everything has just worked out so perfectly that the transition has been a pretty easy one. I'm working 4 days a week with Wednesdays off. David was able to re-arrange his work schedule so he has Mondays and Tuesdays off, so our two younger kids only have to go to daycare on Thursdays and Fridays. Our two older kids are in school all day. I was able to find an awesome babysitter about a mile away from our house. The kids love it. My office is about 5 minutes away from my house. They are so fun and laid back there. My sister-in-law, Melissa, works there and helped me get the job. It has been so fun working with her and the other staff members. I get to wear scrubs, so I don't have to worry about buying a new wardrobe. But the best part is we get FREE dental care!!! And............ORTHODONTIA!!!!! That's worth it right there with my family's teeth! In today's economy I am just so grateful to have found a job at all, let alone one that is SO AWESOME!!! Now I won't have to resort to plan B: working the corner of Brown and Stapley.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're enjoying working! I am as well, just still a little stressed about leaving Shelby and always arranging a babysitter. I wish I didn't have to leave her at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME!!! I am excited for you. How fun! Free Dental and orthodontic-that is huge! Do you think you could tell them I am your long lost-something? Glad you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that it's worked out. I wish we had free orthodontics. Morgan and Madeline just got theirs on. OUCH!

    ReplyDelete