Saturday, September 19, 2009

Jolie's Got BLING!


We finally got Jolie's ears pierced! I know, she's only two, so I can't really say "finally", but it is a decision I have been wrestling with for a while. When ever I would see a little girl with earrings, I would want to do it, but I didn't want to put Jolie through unnecessary pain. The deciding factor was when Jolie was trying to put my earrings in her ears and she put them IN her ears. I don't want to have to keep fishing my earrings out of her wax-infested orifices, not to mention the damage it could do to her. So in an effort to avoid a trip to the emergency room, I took her to Claire's and they did the deed. We got her some little "diamond" studs, so now Jolie's got BLING! She sat so still while the ladies prepped her ears, sterilizing them and drawing on the little dots. She really wanted to get earrings, she just didn't know it was going to hurt. She only cried for a couple of minutes. They gave her a sucker, and we got some ice cream on the way home. She loves her new earrings! When ever she catches a glimpse of herself in the mirror she tilts her little head to the side, reaches up to touch her earrings, and smiles. Hopefully now that she has her own earrings, it will prevent her from sticking mine in her ears.

3 comments:

  1. congratulations jolie! our family does it when they are 3-4 months old. girls gotta have bling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David told me about that, she is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete