Saturday, August 15, 2009

Alien Flower in my Backyard!


Have you ever seen anything like this? I feel like I'm in the sequel to "Little Shop of Horrors"! My backyard neighbors have this flowering vine that is growing over the wall, and THIS is what grows on it! I've never seen anything like it! It's so cool! It looks like something from outer space! The yellow things sprouting out of the middle look like they're going to reach out and GRAB you! Then there are the little soft, fuzzy, feather-like petals? If anyone knows what it's called, let me know. I guess I could look it up. I'll just call it Audrey II for now. If I wind up missing, you know where to look!

Okay, so I easily found it on the internet! It is the Passion Flower! It accompanies the passion fruit! I think I'll try to harvest some seeds from it and grow them myself.

1 comment:

  1. crazy flower!
    so good to see you guys.
    Avery looks so old!
    Love the first day of school pics!

    ReplyDelete