Friday, July 31, 2009

Dutch-oven at the Carters!


One of our favorite places to visit in Utah is the "Carter Family Farm"! My cousin, Shareen, and her husband, Kevin, have a fun, little farm that we HAVE to go play at every time we're in Utah. This time they invited us over for some good ol' Dutch Oven cooking. Shareen ran a 1/2 marathon that morning, but was still her usual, energetic self. Kevin impressed us with his cooking skills preparing not just beef ribs, but also pork ribs and some yummy potatoes. There were chips and fruit salad, and they topped it off with ice cream cones! We sat around the fire pit until 11:00 while the kids went exploring with their headlamps on. After hearing a blood-curdling scream from Aidan (just because he didn't get to hold the flashlight), David went to investigate what was going on. In the mean time, Kevin had a brilliant idea... he snuck over, hid behind the haystack, and waited...and waited...until finally, when the moment was just right, "RAAAAAH!!" He jumped out at David, who screamed like a little school girl! Needless to say, David was NOT allowed to sit on the "MAN LOG" after that.

Kevin, the cullinary master!



What do you call cheese that isn't yours?
NOT-YO CHEESE! (Nacho cheese)


Mmmmmm! These ribs are finger-lickin' good!


Check out these cute, matching aprons I made for Shareen and her daughter, Hadlie. Hadlie LOVES horses, so I found her a cute fabric with horses on it, and I HAD to make Shar one to match. They're reversible!











3 comments:

  1. Wow I think this is one of my FAV posts yet! We did have quite the good time and you took some good pics. I also have some good pics I will email to you..the 4-wheeler and such! SO glad you were here and cant wait till next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish I could have been there to here david scream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that you were a seamstress! They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete